CAFE Iowa CAN is leading the charge to protect the health of all Iowans by advocating for effective tobacco control policies. Send an e-mail to email@example.com to be added to our list of tobacco prevention advocates.
REASONS TO JOIN
- Smoking kills more people than alcohol, AIDS, car crashes, illegal drugs, murders, and suicides combined.
- 18.1 percent of High school students smoke
- 5,100 adults in Iowa will die prematurely from smoking
- 55,000 Iowa kids alive today will die prematurely from smoking.
- Over 9,000 casino workers are NOT protected from the health effects of secondhand smoke.
- Each household spends $881 in state & federal taxes to pay for smoking-caused government expenditures. That is $8.04 on healthcare costs for each pack of cigarettes sold.